Open House is a community drop-in service.
Within a friendly “coffee shop” environment, a number of different services are offered, including but not limited to:
• Emergency Food Aid provided by Foodbank. We are able to provide clients with food parcels. We are also able to provide food vouchers where necessary.
• Benefit advisor: We have professionally trained benefit advisors. These advisors will be able to advise which benefits clients are entitled to, help make benefit applications and help with benefit appeals.
• Housing Advisor: We will have trained housing advisors to help clients make an application for social housing, help support with issues such as overcrowding and anti-social behaviour.
• Debt Counselling and support: We have fully trained CAP money coaches able to give clients budgeting advice. We will also be able to provide basic debt support or signpost to specialist debt coaches.
• Job club: we will have a dedicated team available to offer support with job issues including CV writing, applying for jobs, interview techniques and other skills necessary for effective Job searching.
All services are free and confidential. All service are offered through trained professional staff.
The Key Objectives for Open House are:
• To serve our community in practical ways
• To deal with some of the effects of poverty in our community
• To offer some emergency aid to reduce the effects of poverty
• To make ourselves available to the most vulnerable in the community
• To offer services that families will usually have to travel (by limited public transport) to access
• To help families transition from state welfare into employment
• To provide a safe relaxing coffee shop environment for people to access essential support or just enjoy having some company
There is also more information and updates on our Facebook Page
For the latest Newsletter click here
Open House also runs Store House Shaftesbury – click here for more information.