Lox Lane Farm is set amid beautiful surroundings in the heart of the North Dorset Countryside, an area of outstanding natural beauty. Formerly part of the estate of the Duke of Westminster the beautiful farmhouse and courtyard have been converted, maintaining many of the original features. It is situated close to both Gillingham and Shaftesbury with easy rail and train access, 10 minutes from the A303 and 5 minutes from Gillingham train station.
Lox Lane farm was acquired with the intent to become a place where those who needed ‘space to breathe’ could come and find refuge. This was very succesful yet there was a sense that a change was needed, it was still to see people find rest and healing, but in a different way. Rather than have people living there all the time, it was decided to make it a ‘Christian Encounter Centre’, a place where people could come for a weekend, or a few days and meet with God in a special way.
For information about the Father Heart Academy based at Lox Lane see below.
October 2019: Lox Lane update
It’s over a year since our last newsletter – so we thought it was time to let you know what’s been going on at Lox Lane and the plans for the future.
There have been some changes to the team on-site at Lox Lane over the Summer.
We said goodbye and a massive ‘Thank you’ for all their work to Andy and Linda East.
Steve & Rachel Scott (with their children Levi Blue & Dakota Rose) and Jean Knight continue the work of hosting people and caring for the site.
And we have had the pleasure of welcoming Steve and Chrissie Chant to the team, they moved in at the beginning of August and are getting settled in.
What has been happening in the last 12 months…
- We have had 6 Encounter Weekends – these continue to give many people the opportunity to find healing and freedom through an encounter with the Father
- We had the 3 week Eagles Wings School (after a break in 2018), with 22 students attending, from 6 different countries and the UK.
- We hosted the ‘Incredible’ Weymouth Children’s camps, in July – providing the perfect place for a life-changing experience for many children.
- We hosted ‘Jesus Fields’ summer event, which was amazing despite some pretty challenging weather!
- We have continued to host many groups from other Churches, as well as families and individuals – receiving great feedback about the welcome, the atmosphere and the cooking.
- In November last year we ran our first mid-week event at Lox Lane, with ‘Running Life’s Marathon with Passion’: A five day study on the book Hebrews by our dear friend Paul Wakely. This was just a joy to be involved in and Paul’s study has been turned into a book which is almost ready for publishing.
Work done in the last year:
We have continued to make improvements to the buildings and facilities at Lox lane
- Repair of the roof in the meeting room. This was necessary as the roof was leaking and making the room very damp. The repairs have made a huge difference.
- Replaced the old water tank in the Farmhouse loft with a new hot water system. This was a real team effort on the part of everyone at Lox Lane, as well as Clive, with very grateful thanks to David Perry (helping with the legal requirements and general problem solving!) and Tim Cronin (plumbing and associated work).
- On-going decoration and improvement. Everyone at Lox Lane continues to contribute to this.
- Coming up we have booked the second half of the Fire Alarm installation for December when the site will be quiet. This will involve all the courtyard buildings and will link them into the system already in place in the Farmhouse.
- We continue to work on upgrading and improving the fabric of Lox Lane.
- We continue to host Church groups and families for catered and self-catered retreats – this is a significant source of income, keeping Lox Lane running.
We are really looking forward to 2 mid-week events
- Tuesday 26th – Friday 29th November: True sonship, full inheritance: God’s answer for an orphaned planet. Looking at Romans 1 – 8, led by Paul Wakely.
- Tuesday 3rd – Friday 6th December: HEARTBEAT – Exploring the prophetic through music with Ruth Fazal & Martin Neil.
Look out for the flyers for more details
The vision for the future of Lox Lane
The attached sheet describes the vision for Father’s Heart Academies to take place twice a year. We anticipate these will eventually become the main focus of the work at Lox Lane, however we will still be running Encounter weekend’s and mid-week retreats and hosting children’s camps etc. We will also continue to book other church groups & families to provide income to support the vision.
If the Lord prompts you to invest in the work at Lox Lane that would be great but there is no pressure.
If you would like to know more about Lox lane visit the House on-line magazine to see the articles about Lox Lane or you can become a friend of Lox lane at www.loxlane.co.uk/friends-of-lox-lane
Father’s Heart Academy has grown out of Father’s House, Shaftesbury, which has been a worshipping community since 1977. Initially the congregation met in different venues before purchasing the property in Shaftesbury in 1987. Soon after this we were able to buy Lox Lane Farm, a beautiful 19th century farmstead. It was transformed into a place for people to encounter God and find a place of love, acceptance and healing in Him.
Over a period of many years we have been involved in leading people into the freedom of forgiveness and heart healing as they get to know and understand more of the love of their Heavenly Father. Our desire is to take that experience and put it into a five month academy, giving an extended period of time where they can be fully immersed in experiencing the power of the Holy Spirit enabling them to become disciples of Jesus.
We want to give those attending the opportunity to become established in the Lord and to go deeper into His heart as they grow in their faith and face the challenges of life. We are planning to run two five month academies each year; one beginning in September and one in March. The course will cover a wide spectrum of activity designed to help each person discover their true identity and life calling as a child of God. There is a list of the course subject matter on the website: www.fathersheartacademy.co.uk
During the academy there will be conferences at Lox Lane, with guest speakers who carry a rich deposit of God’s grace and are able to impart that grace into others. Our students will benefit from these; but they will also be opened up to a wider audience.
The Father’s Heart Academy team –
Clive and Sue Jackson
Founding Pastors of Father’s House, Shaftesbury
“We believe God is raising up young people who are completely captured by the Kingdom of Heaven, who will give their lives to usher in the return of Jesus Christ. We as a couple want to give ourselves to the preparation of this generation. Why not join us and become part of this adventure together?”
Andrew and Flor White Andrew grew up near Shaftesbury and has been at Father’s House since he was a boy. After training as a blacksmith, he travelled to Venezuela where he met his wife Flor. Flor was a full-time missionary travelling extensively throughout central America and the Caribbean. They spent many years in short term mission and running the Intern programme at Father’s house. They have a passion for seeing people transformed and equipped for the coming of God’s kingdom.
Steve and Rachel Scott
Two years ago Rachel and I left the hustle and bustle of inner city life in London to move to Lox Lane, Dorset and join the team. We wanted to create a platform and safe place for people to come and discover their God given gifts and abilities and find purpose and destiny.
Prior to coming to here we both worked as youth pastors for many years. I was also a church elder and assistant pastor in an evangelical fellowship and Rachel worked in inner city schools mainly with students with behavioural challenges in the class room.
We have both been heavily involved in mentoring programmes and are passionate about helping young people discover their true identity in Christ and then to walk and live in the truth of who God says they are.
Our aim in the five months is to begin to establish the students in the ways of the Lord and His Spirit so that by the end they will be flowing with Him and His purposes, equipped in their hearts to know Him better.
The Academy is aimed at, but not exclusive to, young people looking for an exciting and challenging time to focus on their journey with the Lord.
The cost is £3,500. This covers tuition, accommodation and food, as well as a mission trip.
For more information go to the Father’s Heart Academy website.
Lox Lane Farm – The Story Continues!